5 Reasons Why You Should Start to Lift Weights!
If we’re friends on Facebook or you follow my fan page, you’ve probably already seen my post that shows a video of me lifting weights and completing full box jumps.
You’re probably going to get tired of me saying this ..
But, we as women shouldn’t let our size determine our capabilities.
If your goal is to squat 200 pounds – go for it!
If you want to bench press 115 pounds – do it!
If you want to build your endurance by aiming to run a mile everyday – then believe that you can accomplish it!
You have to celebrate small victories that will help you reach your bigger goals.
I know some of you shy away from the idea of lifting weights, but let me share with you the 5 benefits of weight lifting.
- Burn Fat – The average woman who strength trains two to three times a week for two months will gain nearly 2 pounds of muscle and will drop 3.5 pounds of fat.
- Boost Metabolism – Weight training has been proven to raise your metabolism for up to 24 hours after a workout.
- Build Strength – Women have 10 to 30 times less testosterone than men, so we will develop muscle definition and strength without bulking.
- Burn More Calories – For each pound of muscle you gain, you burn 35-50 calories per day.
- Reduce Depression – Exercise and weight training release endorphins. Endorphins are neurotransmitters that prevent pain, improve mood and naturally fight stress and anxiety.
After reading these 5 benefits to weight lifting, I hope this urges you to start working on building lean muscle.
I want you to share with me…
What STOPS you from reaching your health and wellness goals?
You can request access to the TBH Women’s Support Group.